Greer's Pine Shadows
Park Features & Amenities
Pull Through Sites:
Full Hookup Sites:
Credit Cards Accepted: NA
Utilities & Amenities
Power: 50 Amps, 30 Amps
Additional Pet Information:
The park is a dirt hole. Rick the manager is abusive and his wife or girlfriend is incompetent and can’t even look you in the eye. The guests are miserable. Greer’s park is certainty a stopover but not a destination. They don’t take credit cards and probably pocket the cash. It’s locked up like a prison and has no amenities. No cable and internet never works. Maybe if all of the other parks are full we would stay again or maybe not. Don’t waste your time or money.
Wonderful Family Park!
We stopped here after visiting the Grand Canyon and we're very pleased with this park. It was clean and the manager was super friendly, we stayed on a Friday night (definitely call ahead for a space, we almost didn't get in - apparently the parks in Flagstaff are all pretty busy in the summer time) They had a coffee and donuts social on that Saturday morning (which the kids were really excited about), lots of really nice people there. We were lucky enough to get to book another night so we could see some more of the sites in the area - we ended up taking a day trip down to Montezuma's Castle and the Cottonwood and Jerome area on the managers recommendation, the additional day was really worth it - we wouldn't have even known about those little gems.
Great Park! Will stay again.
Very enjoyable stay here, the park is wooded and spacious, management was super helpful and showed us all kinds of options for things to do here in the area. Also, some great hiking in the Coconino National Forest is literally right out the back gate! (It's open access all day but then it's locked at night to maintain the security of the park - I think that's a great idea) We will definitely be staying here again.
You guys rock!
Can't say enough thank yous! We were booked into the park for three nights and then my husband ended up in the hospital and when I called Greer's they were able to extend our stay for two nights and I didn't have to move the trailer! They were able to take some of the stress out of the situation! Too bad the neighbor's dog was so annoying! Thanks Greer's for everything!
P.S. They also had many great suggestions of what we should see and do while in Flagstaff. Also, the staff at the hospital were amazing!
Very beautiful and spacious park located in a pine forest with direct access and adjacent to the National Forest. Trails lead up to Mt. Elden from the back of the park. Excellent location, quiet and very nice. Lived here for over 3 months and greatly appreciated the easy access to shopping and the freeway. Rick, the manager provides personal service and emergency availability and lives on-site. This is the sixth park I investigated for my 3 month stay and is by far the best I found. Would definitely come back. This park is very popular and after living here, I can see why.
ok park -- guy running it is a bit thin-skinned. We left to go out and one of our dogs was shut into the bedroom of the rv -- the other one freaked and barked the entire time we were out. Understandably, the guy was kinda pissed, but he really talked down to me like I was some kind of trailer trash and I didn't appreciate it.
Wifi is crappy (true, normal for CGs), though he claims it's great for streaming NetFlix -- got pissed at me for complaining about it not even connecting. Apparently, his son was streaming Netflix and he claimed that meant it was fine, though, it was clear to me that the wifi was refusing new connections for some reason. He tried to blame the phone company's cell towers for all the sense that makes. He rebooted the switch and, of course it came back.
I guess he meets all kinds, and at first contact, he's very friendly and helpful. Just don't make him mad in any way, whatsoever, or he'll make veiled threats to kick you out of the park.
I didn't get in his face; rather I apologized. But he kept giving me crap over and over.
I should probably shrug it off and not worry about it, but I felt this review to be warranted and accurate.
Won't be back.
Nicest Park in Town
The nicest hosts we have encountered on our trip through Oregon, California and Arizona. The Park is very tidy and they help you to your site. They will give you maps and the routes for seeing all the wonderful sites in the area. I would recommend this park. We stayed here in a 30 foot travel trailer. Good Sam discount.
adequate-- did the trick but nothing more
I intended to stay at Sunset Crater National Park but then realized at the last minute that they didn't have hookups. So I turned in to Greer's Pine Shadows. The park manager was friendly and helpful and guided me into my spot. I liked the pine trees in the park but other than that there isn't anything particularly scenic or pretty about it-- it almost has a downmarket trailer park vibe due to the permanent mobile home park adjacent, but whatever, not a big deal and the park seemed perfectly safe. It was late so I didn't have a chance to check out the national forest behind the park. I'd stay again for an overnight but would try to find something more scenic for a longer term stay.
Not bad.. but not great either
We stayed here for two weeks during the summer to escape the Arizona heat, and were directed here to join up with some friends. This park doesn't seem to have a website of its own, so difficult to find out information about it.
- Within 1.5 miles of major shopping (grocery, Best Buy, Home Depot, mall, RV stores, etc.) - and with the nice side walk along 89, it's a reasonable walk. There are two convenience stores right by the park.
- It backs up to the national forest, and has access to hiking trails.
- Their laundry facility is reasonably priced, although their units are old.
- The management appears friendly on the outside, and are super helpful. They escort you to your site and help you get settled.
- There are trees throughout the park, and many of the sites are shaded (ours wasn't).
- They have mail boxes in the main office for every site - makes receiving mail/items easy.
- They have recycling on site.
- There are no bath facility whatsoever at this park. Make sure you are fully self contained for showers, toilet, etc.
- If you have your own washing machine in your rig, they do not allow you to use it.
- If you run your A/C or electric heat - they charge you $2/day, regardless of how much you ran it (a minute or 20 hours).
- They have age limits on their rigs, but don't tell you about it or ask when you make your reservation. When we arrived, they let us in - but then we overheard the manager complaining about our 1961 well maintained bus conversion to other guests that they shouldn't have let us in (despite there being plenty of other older rigs in the park). They never said anything directly to us, but it made us uncomfortable knowing we really weren't welcome afterall.
- The sites are oddly set up, many adjoining other sites in ways that create the minimal of privacy. In our site, our porch opened unto our neighbors, and the other side of our rig was right against our other neighbor. Many other sites throughout the park had very odd placement - such as windshields of motorhomes looming over someone else's porch, etc.
- Our site was not level, but the management was nice enough to bring us extra wood to help level us.
- Aside from a laundry room and small room with card tables - there are no amenities such as pools, etc.
Another consideration is that this is an 'adult oriented' park. They do not allow children in, but any adult is welcome (ie. it's not a 55+ park). Aside from not allowing children, we didn't not anything else 'adult oriented' about it (bummer, no naked hot tubbing!!).
All and all.. not a bad place to stay while in the area, as long as it meets your needs.
Verizon and AT&T both had strong 3G signal, although our Verizon service (and that of our friend's) was intermittent throughout our stay. The park does offer free wifi - but it was very hit or miss if we could get connect at our site.
The only discount the park offers is Good Sam, the rate below reflects that.