Pine Cone Resort
Park Features & Amenities
Pull Through Sites:
Full Hookup Sites:
Credit Cards Accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
Utilities & Amenities
Power: 50 Amps, 30 Amps
Additional Pet Information:
Not so Resort like
We arrived on Friday night and stayed until Monday morning Memorial Day Weekend. We like trying new places and since the name referred to as a Resort we decided to give it a try.
Here are things we found not so "Resort"
1. No Security, no guard house, the Campground sign not lit, hard to find at night.
2. Dirt roads, very dusty, every passing car kicks up dust. A lot of younger drivers not respecting posted speed limit signs causing a safety concern, plus a lot of dust. We saw and heard many campers yelling at the drivers to slow down. We left on Monday morning in mud, it rained and it was a mud pit. Be ready to track that mud in your RV or tow vehicle.
3. No trash receptacles anywhere throughout the campground, having two small dogs and being responsible pet owners even in dog walk area no receptacles. The dumpsters for trash is about 200 yards from the main office.
4. No kiddie pool, children in diapers in pool.
5. Advertised Wifi, never worked but not surprising.
6. Water smelled, make sure you have water filter.
7. Only one bathroom and bath house for entire campground. Men's room had 2 shower stalls whereas you have to walk through one shower to get to the other shower stall.
8. Our site #45 the useable site because where the utilities where located was very small.
Things we found Resort" like
1. Grounds well kept.
Friendly family run resort. Has everything your need. The pool is very clean. Bathrooms and showers are dated and basic
Don't believe them
Advertised wifi and cable. Had neither the whole 3 days we were there. Hot showers were like warm and smelled like rust. When I complained at the office about the cable and wifi they just said "we know" did not compensate or adjust rates. NOT RECOMMENDED!
We arrived at 5 pm but had to call a tel.number to check-in. The pool is not open alltough it is 80 degrees. We do have full hookup tough and good working Free-wifi. The park is nice with many pine-trees.
Not a resort
This place is just ok we arived to find out they did not have a site with sewr and it would cost $10 extra to have our tank emptied. The cable tv is good but the wifi is very speratic it goes in and out all the time. It is 100 here and they do not open the pool until 10 am or after. I would not call this a resort but just an average campground, it is quite and a good location for a base between pihilly and ny. All and all i would give it a 2.5 out of 5.
One family, one RV or tent, one car and 6 persons maximum per site.