First off all the employees have treated me with such kindness and professionalism. Gail who manages the monthly contacts is an absolute angel. Ike in facilities again nicest you could meet. Restrooms are clean, park is clean, and very quiet. Again, if you?re looking for a place to stay, call Travelers Campground .
We arrived on Friday night and stayed until Monday morning Memorial Day Weekend. We like trying new places and since the name referred to as a Resort we decided to give it a try.
Here are things we found not so "Resort"
1. No Security, no guard house, the Campground sign not lit, hard to find at night.
2. Dirt roads, very dusty, every passing car kicks up dust. A lot of younger drivers not respecting posted speed limit signs causing a safety concern, plus a lot of dust. We saw and heard many campers yelling at the drivers to slow down. We left on Monday morning in mud, it rained and it was a mud pit. Be ready to track that mud in your RV or tow vehicle.
3. No trash receptacles anywhere throughout the campground, having two small dogs and being responsible pet owners even in dog walk area no receptacles. The dumpsters for trash is about 200 yards from the main office.
4. No kiddie pool, children in diapers in pool.
5. Advertised Wifi, never worked but not surprising.
6. Water smelled, make sure you have water filter.
7. Only one bathroom and bath house for entire campground. Men's room had 2 shower stalls whereas you have to walk through one shower to get to the other shower stall.
8. Our site #45 the useable site because where the utilities where located was very small.
Things we found Resort" like
1. Grounds well kept.
Clean park, however sites very close. No cable TV not that you go camping to watch TV but at night the news or such would have been good to have. There is no garbage containers anywhere in the park. Upon leaving the campground about 3/4 of a mile there are some dumpsters. We visited this park during Labor Day weekend so had 3 days of garbage to drive to the dumpsters, it was a hassle.
Facilities were clean, sites un-level. Even with auto levelers couldn't come close. Sites are very very close together. Sites are grassy and open. If you have young children get as far away from the pavilion as possible as the DJ is Loud.