(Last Updated: July 7, 2009)
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. If we make any material changes to our Policy, we will post a new policy on our Site and update the "last updated" date set forth above. Therefore, we encourage you to check our Policy whenever you use our service ("Service") to see if it has been updated since your last visit.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect two basic types of information with our Service, namely personal information and aggregate information. As used herein, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a first and last name, address and zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, financial information, or other account number), and demographic and other information about an individual when directly linked to personally identifiable information. A user name may be personal information if it includes personally identifying information such as a first and last name.
Our definition of personal information does not include "aggregate" information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, information on how you use our Service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users' needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Service. This policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information, and we may share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand and improve our Service, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Give Us.
We collect personal information you give us at various times if you choose to register with us and when you use our Service. Examples include the following:
Registration and Transaction Information. If you register with RVParking.com, we may collect various kinds of contact information about you including, for example, your name, address and zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address. We may also collect demographic information that you provide to us. Finally, you will also be asked to create a user-chosen ID and password for your use to access your account.
Submissions and Use of Services and Interactive Areas of Site. Personal information may also be collected if you provide additional information while using or interacting with the Site, or otherwise participate in interactive areas on the Site or using the Service. This may include financial information (such as credit and banking data) or information related to product interests, privacy configurations, and usage preferences. For example, you may opt to submit written reviews or feedback that could be used to identify you. Several categories of this information are optional, and you will have the ability to edit or remove a portion of or the entirety of your personal information at any given time by following the instructions below.
Other Active Collection. We may also collect personal information if you provide it via e-mail, message boards, or other interactive services. Please do not post any information that you expect to keep private. In addition, we may collect and retain information that identifies you personally when you send us comments, questions or suggestions.
Automatically Collected Information.
We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, when you use the Service, our systems may automatically collect your IP address and the type of operating system or browser you use. We may also collect information pertaining to your account activity, information pertaining to the files accessed or used by you, transactional information, information on the content and submissions you post, and standard access information, such as the time and date of accessing the Service, and usage of the Service. We use such information to help customize the Site and the Service and the advertising you see on the Site, and to manage the effectiveness of our online advertising and to gather access information, such as counting the users who have visited those pages and compiling aggregated statistics about Service usage. We may also correlate this information with personal information through the use of backend analytical tools, and may use telephone numbers to perform reverse directory look-ups.
Web Beacons. "Web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and web bugs) are tiny graphic files placed on a Web page which sends a signal when a user has visited that page, allowing the site to collect standard access information, such as time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We use web beacons to help manage the effectiveness of our online advertising and to gather access information, such as counting the users who have visited those pages and compiling aggregated statistics about site usage; our web beacons do not contain any personal information and we do not link web beacons to personal information about you.
No Information about Children Under 13.
Our Service is not intended to be used by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly, directly or passively, collect information from children under the age of 13. If we create offers and products that make it appropriate to collect information from children under the age of 13, we will notify you of the change in this Policy.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Internal Use of Personal Information.
In general, we use personal information internally, to customize our Service, to process your requests, payments or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site and to otherwise serve our users and enable them to take maximum advantage of our Service. For example, personal information may be used:
· to request feedback and to enable us to develop and improve the Site and our publications, products and services;
· to customize the Site, site content, features and advertising
· to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about our or a third party's services, products, activities, special events or offers and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
· to provide products or services or complete transactions you have requested;
· to formulate recommendations to you about activities, events, purchases, products, and services;
· to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Site, to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints;
· to anticipate and resolve problems with our Service, for assistance with our product and service development;
· to create and inform you of new products and services from RVParking.com or third parties that better meet your needs;
· to generate a customer profile for you and to select specific advertisements for you to view; and
· for the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
Please note that we may use your personal information in correlation with information collected by one of our partners or advertisers. You should review the following section to understand when RVParking.com discloses personal information to non-affiliated third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties.
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who assist us in operating and managing the Site, the Service or our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. For example, we may share your personal information with companies who are fulfilling orders, processing payment or other information, or administering other services on our behalf. We may also share personal information with service providers who are performing internal analysis of the Site on our behalf, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns as well as to understand demographic, customer interest, and other trends among our users. In the event that we use third-party vendors to assist us in performing these functions, the third parties may not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
- Business Transfers. Information about our users and the Service is one of our most important business assets. Therefore, information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and transferred as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide the Service or fulfill products, sale or pledge of company assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- Protection of RVParking.com and Others. We may release personal information in the good faith belief that release is appropriate and necessary to comply with legal process or authority (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply our policies; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect our rights, property, or personal safety of RVParking.com, our users, our employees, or the public; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay. We will notify you before disclosing your information for purposes of responding to legal process.
- Submissions and Posting on Public Areas of the Site. You understand that when you make submissions or post information on public areas of the Site, information you include in such submissions or postings may be publicly available to users of the Site and other services such as search engines or third-party partner sites that can access public information on the Site. We recommend you be cautious about posting personal information in submissions or in postings on public areas of the Site. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information.
Please be aware that we may provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our users and we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites. Please also note that these Web sites' privacy policies will differ from those of RVParking.com. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information or visiting their sites.
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY; DATA STORAGE
We have endeavored to put into place reasonable security measures in an effort to protect personal information while it is under our control. For example, only certain RVParking.com employees have access to your personally identifiable information. In addition, we use secure technology to store and transfer information provided by users over the Web. We also use third-party privacy verification programs to further ensure that your privacy is protected.
Personal information submitted by you is stored and maintained in our database and may be archived elsewhere. Our records are stored indefinitely, as are our archival backup copies. While we have taken efforts to guard your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Your account information and access to our Service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Site and Service by any person using your account user ID and password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your account user ID and password have been misused.
If RVParking.com learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. RVParking.com may also post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach, you should notify us at .
ACCESS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user of our Service, you may view, correct, and delete your personal information simply by submitting an e-mail or message to the Site using the notification information provided herein. Generally, you should be careful when making any personal information available to the public.
Users may "opt in" or "opt out" to receive marketing or promotional communications or solicitations from RVParking.com on our behalf on behalf of third parties. Users may also "opt in" or "opt out" of receiving communications directly from third parties. However, this shall not affect our ability to send you service and account-related emails or to use your personal information as otherwise described in this Policy.
By using our Site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of RVParking.com, we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. The laws on holding personal data in the United States may be less stringent than the laws of your country. If you object to your personal information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please do not register for the Service.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide your personal information to any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at the contact point below. Please reference your request as "California Disclosure Information."
Any questions about this Policy should be here.